«Return to Blog List Go Green with John Kaltenbach Homes
Green construction methods are in, but do you know what “building green” means? According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), green building incorporates practices that:
- Increase the efficiency by which homes use and produce energy, materials, and water
- Protect and restore health to people and the environment throughout the life-cycle of the home
John Kaltenbach Homes builds green homes in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and the surrounding areas of New Mexico that are affordable and comfortable for any budget.
So, what does a green home consist of? Well, a home is considered green if it is environmentally responsible and resource efficient for the entirety of its life-cycle. Green homes have design characteristics that reduce impacts to human and environmental health through the:
- Efficient use of water, energy, and other resources
- Protection of a home’s occupants
- Reduction of pollutants, waste, and environmental degradation
- In essence, the construction process of green homes incorporates the:
- Use of sustainable materials such as recycled materials or renewable resources
- Creation of indoor environments that are healthy due to minimized pollution such as product emissions
- Installation of landscape features that require minimal water usage (xeriscaping)
Building structures, including homes, have a significant impact on the natural environment, the economy, and ultimately human health. The benefits of building green are significant since they maximize the environmental and economic performance of homes. John Kaltenbach Homes is the foremost expert on green building techniques that create a harmonious space for you and your family. John Kaltenbach Homes is a home construction company based in Albuquerque, New Mexico who sets the bar high for quality, skill, and professionalism.
If you are thinking about building a home in New Mexico, start developing your construction team with John Kaltenbach Homes. Our company is a custom homebuilder and contractor in Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and the surrounding areas. For almost 20 years, we have been known for livable homes and attention to detail in both design and construction, whether the style is contemporary, traditional, southwest or modern.
Tags: Albuquerque, construction in Albuquerque, Custom Builder, new home builder, new home construction, NM new home construction
Categories: Albuquerque, NM new home construction, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, New Mexico, NM New Home Construction Designs